Building a Global Community of Scholarship, Practice, and Engagement
IMTFI supports researchers working in the developing world on issues of money, technology, and financial inclusion. Each year IMTFI researchers from around the world come to Irvine, California to share their findings and build new partnerships and collaborations.
To date IMTFI has supported over 123 projects in 41 countries. This includes more than 160 researchers, more than 70% who are from the developing world. IMTFI is building and developing a global community and network of scholarship and practice broadly focused on questions of money and technology, and welcomes academics, policymakers, development practitioners, industry designers, and other interested researchers and advocates to join the discussion.
You may also search IMTFI research projects on our beta search page.
If you are a current or former IMTFI researcher and not a member of the research discussion list-serv, please send a request to email@example.com.
Research Summaries by Year
1. Funded Research 2014-2015, Projects from Year 6
2. Funded Research 2013-2014, Projects from Year 5
3. Funded Research 2012-2013, Projects from Year 4
4. Funded Research 2011-2012, Projects from Year 3
5. Funded Research 2010-2011, Projects from Year 2
6. Funded Research 2009-2010, Projects from Year 1